Compass Youth Leadership Camp (CYC) is a dynamic summer camp designed and facilitated by our Compass Youth Leaders. In our hyperconnected, media-frenzied world, there is no shortage of worthy global challenges to tackle. With so many possibilities, how though can you find the one that matters to you most? This dynamic and hands-on five-day camp will help you:
- think deeply about the global issues you care about; and
- become a better advocate and actor to address your issue.
Using the Sustainability Compass and Systems Thinking tools as a meaningful framework, we will explore the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and how they manifest in our everyday lives. We will visit local sites and organizations to learn about the environmental, economic and social concerns that impact individuals and shape our world. Participants will harness their experiences, learning and passion to create a personal action plan and campaign to champion sustainable progress for their cause.
During this unique camp, participants will:
- Learn about systems thinking! A super useful tool for tackling complex global issues in a meaningful way.
- Learning more about the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Learn about Balinese culture and local organizations working to address global issues.
- Develop your ability to be a leader for sustainable change.
- Create a personal action plan to tackle the global issue of your choice.
Camp Goals: Every camper will leave with a product (video, speech, infographic, skit, etc.) they can share to help them be a leader in addressing one of the SDGs or an issue of their choosing to positively impact their community.
When: 17-21 July 2018
Where: Green Camp, Bali, Indonesia
Camp Fee: $1,200 per person
Fee is inclusive of accommodation, meals, airport and local transport during camp (excluding fare to and from Bali). Please note that we do not provide group insurance. Participants are required to get a travel insurance prior to the camp.
Who can attend: Youth aged 12-15 years old who are….
- Looking to find their global issue passion and lead through advocacy;
- Scholarship candidates and students from non-international schools if linguistically and financially possible.
Application will be open until April 30, 2018. Applicants who get through the selection process will be sent a confirmation of attendance in the first week of May 2018.