Being at the vanguard of educational organisations working on sustainability in education
Compass Education is a leading actor in the global movement to TRANSFORM learning, thinking and action by youth, educators, school leaders, and educational institutions, in order to contribute to building a flourishing and sustainable future for all.
Compass Education empowers and connects learning communities to educate and act for a sustainable future
Compass Education EMPOWERS and CONNECTS through:
- Lead a paradigm shift based in systems thinking and sustainability
- Systems thinking skills to embed sustainability as a “habit of mind”
- Tools that have been used successfully in the private, corporate and government sectors to accelerate progress in systems transformation toward sustainability
- Evidence-based methods that have been proven effective for schools in actualizing their mission statements
- Access to networks and partnerships beyond the school environment
By LEARNING COMMUNITIES we mean schools themselves and all of their individual members (e.g. students, teachers, administrators, school support staff, parents, board).
To EDUCATE and ACT encompasses:
- Teaching and learning skills and formation of “habits of mind” that align with what we know of sound sustainability principles and practice
- Meaningful service learning with authentic learning outcomes and tangible connections with the local community
- The school organization as a whole, models and practices sustainability in all aspects of its operations, so that sustainability is “caught rather than taught” (i.e. embedded in the school’s “DNA”)